Wednesday, May 27, 2009

On the way to Dillard, Georgia

We really wanted to get away for the long weekend. Stephen and I went on our last vacation when I was about 3 months pregnant with Daniel, so it has been almost 2 years. We needed to get away! I really wanted to go to the beach, but all the decent places that still had openings were ridiculously expensive.

Stephen, on the other hand, prefers mountains to the beach and somebody told us about a resort in the mountains only about 2 hours away from Atlanta. I was not too excited but decided that something is better than nothing and that a weekend away with my boys would be great no matter where we went. I loved it! I want to go back! It is so incredibly beautiful! If you guys ever have an opportunity to come to the Dillard, GA/Highlands, NC/Gatlinburg, TN area we highly recommend it! So breathtakingly, incredibly beautiful! But enough talking, here are pictures!

On the way we stopped at a little trading post at Tallulah Falls. Here are the views from there:

They had this chair on the porch, Daniel really seemed to enjoy it:

It was getting close to lunch, so we gave Daniel his Snack Trap to postpone feeding him for a little while. Here is what we saw after a few minutes. If you enlarge this picture, you will see his face, chest, and car sear covered in crumbs. Even after falling asleep he did not let go of his Snack Trap. Funny boy! :)

2 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

That is beautiful! I can't wait until we're able to get back to traveling. We love going places, and I'm beginning to miss our trips!

OK, Daniel is just the cutest thing ever! I never had any of those snack traps, but I may have to invest in some this time around!

Mrs. H said...

I am a beach AND mountain girl! Looks like you had so much fun! And Daniel looks like he did too! He is too cute!