Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dillard House - More Pictures

Believe it or not, I have more pictures to post from our trip. In fact, I have so many, that I decided to create collages, otherwise it would take me many more posts to finish our trip diary.

Here are some more views from around Dillard House:
I had to post this picture separately. Dillard House has a famous Southern restaurant. They serve food "family style" which means they bring EVERYTHING on the menu to the table. It is a little different from the Texas-style Southern food that I am used to eating at my in-laws house. But it was still great. The only disappointment for me was that they did not have mac-n-cheese :( I am a huge mac-n-cheese fan! :) (By the way Krystal, I do not remember if I ever told you, we LOVE your mac-n-cheese recipe, I make it all the time!)
There are stables and a petting zoo at the Dillard House. Daniel was not so sure about the animals. He was curious and would stay calm as long as one of us was holding him.
We came across this absolutely gorgeous waterfall that you can drive under! It was so beautiful! Click on the collage to see the pictures larger. The sky blew out in some of the pictures but you still can see water in some of them.
We rented a canoe. We bought a Body Glove for Daniel, he looked so funny in it with the huge body and skinny butt! He was a little nervous about all that water in the beginning but soon started trying to move around the boat, which was not OK with us since canoes are so tippy. So to keep him still, we fed him a whole banana, part of an apple and he ate almost the entire contents of his Snack Trap! That did the trick. I know you are getting tired of reading the same words over and over again, but it was absolutely, incredibly beautiful!
The last installment of our trip pictures to follow shortly...

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

Sasha that looked like so much fun! The canoe trip looked so peaceful! We love that kind of stuff!

We also love "family style" meals! And that meal looked yumo!

Your pictures are beautiful! Loved all of them and my kids would love this place...with all the animals! I do hope next time you are in the area we can take you out to my Granny's farm!

Can't wait to see the rest!